About Gene Simco
Gene Simco is a professional martial arts instructor and author who specializes in the art of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He is widely recognized as the first author of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu books in the United States and has several published titles. In addition to his accomplishments in the publishing industry, Gene Simco has appeared in several instructional videos and runs one of the largest online training programs on the Internet. Mr. Simco holds the rank of Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and acts as the head instructor at the NYMAG Academy, where he produces world class fighters in BJJ and MMA competition.
Quick Facts about Gene Simco
- Gene has been training in the Martial Arts since he was 9 years old.
- Gene Simco was the first American to author BJJ Books.
- Many of Gene’s students have gone on to fight in High Level MMA competitions, such as the UFC and his current students are winning at the World and Pan Am Championships of BJJ.
- After ten years of training, Gene Simco received his Black Belt in BJJ on June 18, 2005 from Marcelo Nigue Sandes.
- Gene Simco is highly respected by the Military and Law Enforcement communities. His products are used by SWAT teams, Special Ops and the Department Of Defense.